Your Hostess

Your Hostess

WELCOME!

Welcome to A Little Lovely. Here you will find a little bit of everything lovely. I am always on the search for the best recipe, I never pass up the opportunity to throw a good party, and I aspire to learn a little about everything. The purpose of this blog is really to house my discoveries, recipes and ideas, and hopefully inspire some of you at the same time. I hope you enjoy reading. Thanks for stopping by!

Say hello...

cryscaprice@gmail.com

What are you looking for?

A Little Lovely. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Stuffed Pizza Crust



Tonight I had planned to make pizza. It was just going to be a basic pizza, marinara, cheese, olives, pepperoni, onion... nothing special. I tried a new pizza dough recipe and since I don't have my pizza stone here in Dominica, I was left to use my cookie sheet. The recipe said it made two medium sized pizzas. It wasn't enough to half it in the pan, but when I rolled the whole thing of dough into the pan it ended up being a little too much. Since it was already in the pan, I had an idea to use the excess dough into a stuffed crust. That transformed this basic pizza into something fun and out of the norm! The garlic butter Parmesan glaze topped it off perfectly! (Thanks to the hubs for thinking of adding that goodness to it!) It was delicious and filling. I think I am going to initiate Fridays as PIZZA night. It goes so perfectly with my Friday night movie dates with Crew! 



Homemade Stuffed Crust Tutorial

Make your pizza dough according to the recipe. I used this one from Annie's Eats and substituted 2 cups of whole wheat flour. It made the perfect amount to make the stuffed crust in a cookie sheet sized pan. 

Roll out your dough and place in pan. Stretch with hands to make sure the dough is evenly distributed.  There should be an excess of about an inch of dough hanging off of the edge. 

Place a good amount of cheese around the very edge of the pan. 


 Fold over excess dough and press it down.


Make sure it is pressed down completely all the way around.

At this point you can add your sauce and toppings.

Then melt about 3 tablespoons of butter. Mix with about 1-2 teaspoons of minced garlic. Brush it onto the crust and top with a good amount of Parmesan cheese.


Ready to be baked.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment