Your Hostess

Your Hostess

WELCOME!

Welcome to A Little Lovely. Here you will find a little bit of everything lovely. I am always on the search for the best recipe, I never pass up the opportunity to throw a good party, and I aspire to learn a little about everything. The purpose of this blog is really to house my discoveries, recipes and ideas, and hopefully inspire some of you at the same time. I hope you enjoy reading. Thanks for stopping by!

Say hello...

cryscaprice@gmail.com

What are you looking for?

A Little Lovely. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homemade Kitchen Cleaner

Here in Dominica, cleaners are super expensive (at least double what they are in the states), especially the American name brand ones. And living on a student budget doesn't give you the means to purchase a lot of extras. I ran out of my Lysol Kitchen Cleaner, that I had spent somewhere between $7- $10 USD (I think they are around $3 in the states). I went to the store to get some more and they were out of it. I was making something with chicken that night, so I knew I had to disinfect my countertops one way or another. Getting desperate, I decided to make my own. I looked in my cupboards to see what concoction I could come up with. I always have bleach on hand. And it hit me... why not make a homemade version of Clorox Cleanup? So I did. I kept my old kitchen cleaner spray bottle and mixed about 1 TBSP of bleach and 1 tsp. of dishsoap, then filled the bottle with water. Shake it up, and you have a very inexpensive/ antibacterial kitchen cleaner! Nothing kills germs better than BLEACH! I don't know why it took me so long to think of making my own. It's worked like a charm and saved us some serious cash at the same time!


Tips:

  • Be careful not to spray on your clothes, it has bleach in it.
  • After you spray, let it sit for about 30 seconds before you wipe it clean. 

1 comment:

  1. Your recipe calls for "mixed about 1 TBSP of bleach and 1 tsp. of dishsoap"

    Now what bleach do you use?

    ReplyDelete